Hmmm...Wind and Tide

Hmmm...Wind and Tide

hello

Hmmm.....Wind and Tide

Posting things that I love




Wednesday, May 2, 2018

New Assemblage for 2018


A New Assemblage I've been working on for 2018
30"x 20"x 7"
Titled - I Can't Keep My Eyes Off You.
Another meditation on impermanence.
This one took me awhile to complete I don't know if it was because I was struggling with what materials to use/ how to use them or the fact that I was back surfing again and that burned up some of my creative time in the day. I have to keep telling myself that I should have no preconcieved notions on what a sculpture should look like. I want to combine and juxtapose whatever materials I deem important to the final result. I'm trying to get away from allowing the shape of the material I use in the sculpture to determine the final look. I looking for something amorphous,  something like an exploded diagram of a three dimensional object.
I'm trying to get away from allowing myself to be lured into putting things into the four surfaces of a container like some of my older pieces.









No comments:

Post a Comment

heart

heart
all together now

Followers