Hmmm...Wind and Tide

Hmmm...Wind and Tide

hello

Hmmm.....Wind and Tide

Posting things that I love




Thursday, December 15, 2016

New sculpture/assemblage Search for Your Invisible Heart

Unveiling another sculpture of mine this one is 3 feet tall and 2 feet wide.  Still not done, I need to paint some text and symbols on the piece as well as work out the center of it.
I've titled it Search For Your Invisible Heart.
I used a variety of different material in this one, layered plexiglass, steel, and found objects to my collages and my photography. A lot of cutting using the dremel and jigsaw. Cutting the plexiglass was pretty easy with the jigsaw once I discovered to secure a sheet of plywood under the plexiglass and a use a blade with a lot of teeth! my last attempt at cutting plexiglass on the table saw resulted in 20 stitches in my forearm when the plexiglass kicked back and gashed me! not good ( that was years ago).
I'm starting to figure out how to secure the different materials together, for instance glass and metal to wood then paper on top of it and clear acetate on top of that and making it look like they belong together.  




     
    I'm starting to figure out how to secure the different materials together, for instance glass and metal to wood then paper on top of it and clear acetate on top of that and making it look like they belong together.    













No comments:

Post a Comment

heart

heart
all together now

Followers