Hmmm...Wind and Tide

Hmmm...Wind and Tide

hello

Hmmm.....Wind and Tide

Posting things that I love




Friday, October 16, 2015

New assemblage and throwing some bowls

I've been working on this assemblage for  awhile now and I think its completed. I was thinking that I could embellish it more but I don't want it to be about excess or just going overboard for the sake of it, I believe in a bit of restraint,  I had to tell myself repeatedly to not go Baroque on it.
This assemblage touches on the subject of aging and coming to terms with it spiritually, physically and mentally. I'm over 50 years old and its a time as the noted Mythologist, Joseph Campbell, says "not of achievement but of realization"  A transition into assimilating the choices we've made, where we've been and where we are going.

I have also been fired up to throw clay again on the wheel and start altering the wheel thrown bowls. I watched a wonderful inspiring 30 minute documentary on Lee Kang Hyo, a potter from Korea https://youtu.be/ayDjp4yvF3o?list=PLw5HG1BBLUD-0xdwZYaXb0xV6Qt7PQzcQ
I'm rusty, but I am going to persist, be in the moment and I hope to make a few good bowls in the future!








2 comments:

  1. Incredible! your just not a pretty face Tom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Adam! I appreciate it. George Orwell said "At 50, everyone has the face he deserves.” Ha ha ha! Last week I had a brown barnacle burned off my lip with nitrogen and the left side of my face,that faces the sun most when i'm out surfing in the mornings, has rough patches of skin that look like calluses! I definetly have the face I deserve!

    ReplyDelete

heart

heart
all together now

Followers