Hmmm...Wind and Tide

Hmmm...Wind and Tide

hello

Hmmm.....Wind and Tide

Posting things that I love




Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Documentary Photographs

These are a selection of photos I took years ago when I was in college. I loved wandering the urban streets looking for images of our indifference to debris, rubble and trash created by us humans.  I'm amazed at how we just accept it as apart of our landscape. I also was looking for hints of nature in the urban enviornment and a human presence in the concrete jungle.













3 comments:

  1. Cool....apart from the first pic with the guy walking through with a suit, these look like a scene from the future, man kind is wiped out and all is left is his broken junk.... planet of the apes? The payphones are something of a rare commodity in our modern world , classic stuff Tom, nice black n white photography.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks adam.. loved shooting kinda like street photography... kinda gritty..I mostly shot with a 28 - 35 mm lens be close enough to what your shooting and feel part of the scene. I always loved black and white photography. loved the darkroom and chemicals and the dipping that exposed print into the developing tray and watching that magic of the print evolve.
    slower process but rewarding

    ReplyDelete

heart

heart
all together now

Followers